International College

Tuition and international student fees

Find out how much it costs to study your chosen programme at the University of Sheffield International College, as well as accommodation and other costs. 

Fees for studying at the International College

Programme fees

Programme Subject route Number of semesters 2019/20 2020/21
International Foundation Year

Business, Social Sciences and Humanities 1.5 £15,890 £16,700
2 £17,500 £18,500
Science and Engineering
1.5 £16,890 £17,700
2 £18,150 £19,000
Dentistry 2 £19,950 £20,900
Pre-Masters Business, Social Sciences and Humanities 1.5 £16,000 £17,500
2 £18,500 £20,500
Science and Engineering 1.5 £16,600 £17,500
2 £18,850 £20,500
English language courses English Language Preparation 1 term £4,400 £4,800
English for Pre-Masters 1 term £4,500 £4,800

Price validity

All students who confirm their offer before 31 January 2020 will pay the 2019/20 price as per their existing offer letter.

After 31 January 2020, where tuition fees have increased, all current offers will be reissued and students will receive a new offer with the new 2020/21 pricing.

Additional fees

Accommodation fees For accommodation costs, visit the accommodation page
Manchester airport pick-up (one-way transfer) Coach Free / £10.60 (depending on your arrival date)
Taxi £90
Train £25
StudyCare Insurance Plus (12 month cover) £8 per week (to cover duration of course)
Visit Student insurance page
Police registration (if required) Please visit the pages to read more about Police Registration
Immigration Health Surcharge Please visit the pages to read more about how much you need to pay

When are your fees due?

  1. Once you have received an offer of a place at the International College, to secure your place you will need to return a signed acceptance form and a confirmation payment. The confirmation payment consists of:
    • £235 Enrolment Fee (non-refundable)
    • £1,000 Deposit
    • Insurance payment for StudyCare Insurance Plus if applicable
  2. On receipt of your signed acceptance form and the confirmation payment, we will send you your confirmation pack and your Student Statement document.
  3. Prior to enrolment, and before you apply for your Confirmation of Acceptance of Studies (‘CAS’), you will also need to pay £6,000 in advance tuition fees.
  4. Once the CAS has been issued, and before arrival at the College, you will be required to pay:
    • The balance of the first semester’s fees
    • Your accommodation fees (if applicable) as set out on your individualised payment plan on your offer letter
  5. After arriving at USIC, fees are payable to us in advance two months prior to the start date of the next semester.

Pay your fees

Visit our how to pay page to find out how to pay for your tuition fees.


All international students should have accident and medical insurance for the duration of their time in the UK. This will make you feel more secure because not having the proper cover can be extremely difficult and expensive.

You can take out our own StudyCare Insurance Plus policy or alternative cover with a third party. The StudyCare Insurance Plus policy covers loss of personal possessions as well as providing health and medical insurance. It is designed for international students while studying abroad and covers you until the end of your programme. Please let your admissions advisor know if you wish to purchase our StudyCare Insurance Plus.


From September 1st 2019, all students under the age of 18 at the start of their course will receive our guardianship service free of charge. A guardian will support you during your time in the UK until you turn 18. More information will be provided after you apply.


Every year, the University awards 18 top performing students at the International College a progression scholarship worth £1,000.

You could also apply for other scholarships through the University:

  • International Merit Undergraduate Scholarship – worth 50% of annual undergraduate tuition fee
  • International Merit Postgraduate Scholarship - worth 50% of annual postgraduate tuition fee.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) – Our latest guidance and updates, including information for current students, frequently asked questions and our move to offering programmes online.