International study at the University of Sheffield
The International College gives you the perfect introduction to studying abroad. We teach more than 1,000 students every year, preparing them for the challenges of studying their undergraduate or postgraduate degree at a top-ranking Russell Group University.
For many international students, studying abroad brings some challenges that need a little extra support. Our international pathway programmes are delivered by Study Group and developed in collaboration with academics from the University of Sheffield, so you will know what to expect during your degree.
90% of students
who completed their preparation programme at the International College were offered a place to study at the University of Sheffield in 2022.
Why study at the University of Sheffield International College?
There are many reasons to join us at the International College, including:
- Unique programmes designed specifically to prepare you for progression to the University of Sheffield
- Space to develop your English with confidence, surrounded by international students in the same position as you
- International staff with an excellent reputation
- Be a part of the University campus from day one – with access to all facilities and resources
- Unparalleled support and guidance to help you settle in and gain confidence
- Over 40 classrooms designed to support different classroom activities - social study zones for collaborative group work
- The latest technology including lecture capture facilities so you can rewatch classes
- A laboratory for science and engineering students.
Conditional offer from the University
An offer to study at the College is also a conditional offer to study at the University, on completing the course and meeting progression requirements – you don't need to apply through UCAS.
Born in South Africa. Made in Sheffield.
The best part about coming to the International College for me specifically was meeting people from all over the world, because they're in exactly the same situation I am in. I've made some of the best friends I've ever had here, and that's carried through to university. I'm living with one of them at the moment, and we go to all of our lectures together. It sets you up really nicely with a friend group to progress within your course.
Studied International Foundation Year Science and Engineering
MEng Aerospace Engineering
University of Sheffield
The University of Sheffield is part of the prestigious Russell Group. Find out why more than 7,000 international students choose to study at Sheffield.
Explore accommodation options for while you’re studying at the International College, including our development in a beautiful, converted church – St Vincent’s Place.
The University of Sheffield campus is in the heart of the city and has everything you need within walking distance. You’ll find excellent facilities, study areas and the number one Students’ Union in the UK.
We are here to support you from the moment you decide to join us to the moment you progress to your degree.