The University of Sheffield
Why study at the University of Sheffield?
Ranked as one of the world’s top 100 universities, the University of Sheffield’s extraordinary academic reputation attracts the best students, teachers and researchers from around the world. You will be part of an international community in Sheffield, with more than 7,000 international students from 150 different countries studying at the University and it's also the home of the #WeAreInternational campaign.
University of Sheffield rankings
Sheffield is a member of the Russell Group of leading UK research universities. It has a global reputation for excellent teaching, research and student experience.
- 96th in the world (QS World University Rankings 2023)
- 14th in the UK (Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2023)
- Ranked 1st in the Russell Group for student satisfaction in 11 subjects (National Student Survey 2022)
- 17 subjects rank in the World Top 100 (QS World University Rankings by Subject 2023)
- Top 10 most targeted UK university by top employers (High Fliers Research 2022)
- Top 50 most international universities in the world 2023 (Times Higher Education 2023)
Sheffield is one of the most popular places for students to go to university. The University was ranked number one in the Russell Group for 11 subjects in 2022 (National Student Survey 2022). The city itself is large enough to offer everything you need and the campus is set in the heart of it all. You’ll find the International College on the main university campus and accommodation nearby.
Nobel Prize winners
The University has produced six Nobel Prize winners in the fields of Chemistry and Medicine/Physiology. The legacy of exceptional research and discovery continues to this day with lecturers from around the world choosing Sheffield as a place where they can lead, innovate and inspire.
That’s why ambitious students choose Sheffield.
Explore accommodation options for while you’re studying at the International College, including our newest development in a beautiful converted church – St Vincent’s Place.
Find out more about selected subjects, degree options at the University of Sheffield and popular career paths. Degrees range from architecture, civil engineering and chemical engineering to biomedical science, international relations and politics.