You should bring the following documents with you:
- passport and visa
- UKVI Decision Letter
- Confirmation of Acceptance for Study letter (CAS)
- International College offer letter
- accommodation documents
- academic qualification certificates
- sponsor letter (if you are being sponsored)
- four passport-sized photographs
- insurance documents (unless you are covered by StudyCare Insurance Plus)
- medical certificates and vaccination records
- copy of your arrivals/transfer confirmation letter
- guardianship letter (if you are under 18).
- Prescription medications, with prescriptions translated into English
- Essential toiletries – you can buy any other medicines and toiletries once you arrive in Sheffield
Bring essential clothing for all weather conditions, including a warm coat. There is no dress code at the International College, so bring comfortable clothes like jeans, t-shirts and jumpers. Sheffield has plenty of shops where you can buy any other clothing you need.
It can be useful to bring the following personal items:
- a small amount of British money in case you need cash
- travel adaptor
- laptop or you could buy one in Sheffield when you arrive
- something to remind you of home.
Once you arrive
What to expect on arrival
There’ll be plenty of induction activities for you to join once you arrive in Sheffield. You will immediately be a part of a welcoming and supportive community, both at the College and the wider university. Making friends should be easy and our nurturing staff are here to ensure you find the support you need to succeed both academically and socially.
Find all the information you need on visas, including which type you need, being interviewed, and how and when to apply.