International study at the University of Sheffield
The International College gives you the perfect introduction to studying abroad. We teach more than 1,000 students every year, preparing them for the challenges of studying their undergraduate or postgraduate degree at a top-ranking Russell Group University.
For many international students, studying abroad brings some challenges that need a little extra support. Our international pathway programmes are delivered by Study Group and developed in collaboration with academics from the University, so you will know what to expect during your degree.
Why study at the University of Sheffield International College?
There are many reasons to join us at the International College, including:
- Unique programmes designed specifically to prepare you for progression to the University of Sheffield.
- Space to develop your English with confidence, surrounded by international students in the same position as you.
- International staff with an excellent reputation.
- Be a part of the University campus from day one – with access to all facilities and resources.
- Unparalleled support and guidance to help you settle in and gain confidence.
- We have five locations and all sites are easily accessible for students and close to the city centre.
- We have capacity to support 2,000+ students - due to continuous growth, the College launched additional sites in January 2020 to provide extra space to teach international students.
Conditional offer from the University
An offer to study at the College is also a conditional offer to study at the University, on completing the course and meeting progression requirements – you don't need to apply through UCAS.
Find out more about selected subjects, degree options at the University of Sheffield and popular career paths. Degrees range from architecture, civil engineering and chemical engineering to biomedical science, international relations and politics.
Sheffield is a friendly, multicultural city. It has also been ranked the greenest in the UK. There is plenty to see and do on and off campus, or you can take a bus into the countryside to explore the beautiful Peak District.