Living in the city
When you’re not busy studying or socialising, you’ll need somewhere to call home. Sheffield has a range of options to choose from within walking distance of the International College.
Many people find they meet lifelong friends when living in student accommodation. It is a part of student life and a big step in finding your independence after living at home. You can choose from a range of University-managed accommodation options close to the International College, or arrange your own private accommodation.
St Vincent's Place
Located in the heart of the city, near the main University campus and next to the International College, St Vincent’s Place is a new development which incorporates a beautifully renovated church. The church is now a place to socialise, offering a café, cinema room, games and a shared kitchen. There is also a Residence Life Mentor to help you settle into life in the UK through organised social activities and student support.
Most International College students and all under 18s will live at St Vincent's Place. Other University-managed accommodation options are available through the University's online portal.
- Fully furnished rooms
- Private en-suite bathrooms
- Shared kitchen
- Desk and study space
- 24/7 on-site security
- Social spaces including a games room and cinema room
- Bike storage
- High speed Wi-Fi access
- Laundry facilities
- Welcome pack with bedding and kitchen utensils.
- Shared flat
- Studio apartment
Take a tour with Jeff
For accommodation costs, please contact the Accommodation team.
||Cost per week
||St Vincent’s Place (en-suite room)
||St Vincent’s Place (studio - please note: limited number available)
Potential to extend tenancy if required.
June 2019: Allen Court
Allen Court is a modern development located at St. Georges Close, which will be providing USIC students arriving in June 2019 with en-suite + self-catered accommodation in single study bedrooms.
These bedrooms are located in self-contained apartments, the majority of which are for groups of 4, 5 or 6. The accommodation is just under a 10 minute walk from USIC, and it is approximately a 4 minute walk to the nearest supermarket. Allen Court also features excellent leisure facilities, including a 19m indoor heated swimming pool, a dance studio offering a variety of lessons, a fully-equipped fitness suite, sauna, steam room and a jacuzzi. Residents are eligible to use the leisure facilities for a very competitive monthly cost.
Students will be offered further USIC accommodation beyond the 7th Sept by the USIC Accommodation office.
How to book your room
It is important to arrange your accommodation before you arrive in the UK. This will ensure that you have no difficulty confirming your course at immigration or police registration (if required.
We recommend that you confirm their place at the International College as soon as possible. After you confirm your place, you will be sent a link to set up your account on the University’s accommodation booking portal.
- The Student indicates they would like accommodation on their Study Group Application form.
- The student will then receive an accommodation room request acknowledgment email from the team.
- The Student is invited to book their room by the University of Sheffield Accommodation Office Team. They will receive an email with instructions of how to create their MUSE account in order to access the Star Rez accommodation booking portal as well as an email from the CSS Team with accommodation information.
- The Student should click on the first link within the email from the USIC Accommodation Office Team to take them to the 'Sheffield Account Management' page where they will be required to enter their Applicant Number (provided within the same email) along with their Date of Birth, and continue to select a contact method. We recommend selecting the registered email address.
- The Student is then given their username and will be prompted to create their own password for the MUSE account via email.
- Once the student has created a password for their MUSE account, they will need to log into MUSE in order to be able to access the Star Rez accommodation portal (the student MUST be logged into MUSE for this to work).
- To access the portal the student should click on the second link within the email from USIC Accommodation Office Team to apply for accommodation via the Star Rez accommodation booking portal.
Once the student has successfully logged into MUSE, select the 'All Services' menu, then select 'University Accommodation'. This will take the student to the Star Rez accommodation booking portal.
- Once logged in to the University Accommodation Star Rez portal, they can select a contract length and then choose a room.
- For June 2019 students (Allen Court): The application is complete when the student has accepted the terms and conditions of the Residence Contract and both the £150.00 deposit and full accommodation fees are paid.
For September 2019 students (St Vincent’s): The application is complete when the student has accepted the terms and conditions of the Residence Contract, the accommodation fee payment plan is set up and the £150.00 deposit is paid. The room is not booked unless a payment plan is chosen. If the instalment plan is preferred, card details must be entered on the Star Rez booking Portal - if these details are missing the room is not confirmed.
- Upon arrival, the student will need to show their ID and in return collect the room key/fob.
When can you arrive?
Your accommodation will normally be ready the weekend before your course starts. This is also when we expect you to arrive. Exact tenancy dates will be confirmed with your accommodation details - please do not arrive before your tenancy starts as your room will not be available.