Sheffield’s outstanding academic programmes have been recognised in the latest edition of the Times and Sunday Times University League Tables.
The University, which prides itself on providing an extraordinary UK education, has achieved top-20 positions across a wide range of subject areas, including engineering, business, biological sciences, chemistry, computer science, communication and media studies, and politics.
Sheffield achieved 13 top-20 individual subject rankings, six of which are in the top 10.
- Biological Sciences – 4th
- Civil Engineering – 5th
- Politics – 5th
- Materials Technology – 7th
- Communication and Media Studies – 8th
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering – 9th
- Mechanical Engineering – 12th
- Chemical Engineering – 13th
- Chemistry – 13th
- Computer Science – 13th
- Aeronautical and Manufacturing Engineering – 14th
- Sociology – 16th
- Business Studies – 20th
The University of Sheffield, which is a member of the elite Russell Group of 24 research-intensive universities added to its individual subject rankings success by retaining its overall position in 21st place.