You may know a little about the University of Sheffield already, or you may have just started looking at your university options. Either way, this is the place to start. These top ten key facts are just an introduction to the University of Sheffield, but there is much more to learn
- The University of Sheffield ranked 13th in the UK and 71st in the world in the 2013-14 Times Higher Education World University Rankings.
- It was also ranked Number 1 in the UK for Student Experience in the Times Higher Education (THE) Student Experience Survey 2014-15. This includes accommodation, facilities and social life.
- The campus is set near the city centre, with all buildings just a short walking distance from each other, or a very short ride on the bus or tram.
- Every one of the University’s academic departments is a centre of excellence. That’s why we have an outstanding track record for research and partnerships with industry.
- The Students’ Union is the best in the UK - it has been voted number 1 in the THE Student Experience Survey every year for the last three years.
- The University is continually developing to provide you with the perfect environment for success. This includes new buildings, renovations and investment in facilities.
- 5,500 international students study with us from over 117 countries worldwide.
- The award-winning We Are International campaign was started by the Students’ Union and has been taken up across the UK. Sheffield still leads the way, producing useful videos about visa applications and the popular #standbyme selfie hashtag.
- A qualification from the University of Sheffield is recognised by industry, academic institutions and governments as a symbol of true quality. That’s because it’s known that you have studied with the brightest minds, under some of the very best teachers.
- We have partnerships with global companies like Boeing and Rolls Royce, which give students experience in real-life situations. This gives our students an edge when they come to graduate; they already have industry experience.
Now you know the facts, find out more about the preparation courses we offer international students at the International College. You can also read about life in Sheffield or how we support international students as they progress through their application and during their studies.
Alternatively, complete our enquiry form to ask a question and one of our Student Enrolment Advisers will contact you with an answer.