Living in the city
When you’re not busy studying or socialising, you’ll need somewhere to call home. Sheffield has a range of options to choose from within walking distance of the International College.
Many people find they meet lifelong friends when living in student accommodation. It is a part of student life and a big step in finding your independence after living at home. You can choose from a range of University-managed accommodation options close to the International College, or arrange your own private accommodation.
St Vincent's Place
Located in the heart of the city, near the main University campus and next to the International College, St Vincent’s Place is a new development which incorporates a beautifully renovated church. The church is now a place to socialise, offering a café, cinema room, games and a shared kitchen. There is also a Residence Life Mentor to help you settle into life in the UK through organised social activities and student support.
Most International College students and all under 18s will live at St Vincent's Place. Other University-managed accommodation options are available through the University's online portal.
- Fully furnished rooms
- Private en-suite bathrooms
- Shared kitchen
- Desk and study space
- 24/7 on-site security
- Social spaces including a games room and cinema room
- Bike storage
- High speed Wi-Fi access
- Laundry facilities
- Welcome pack with bedding and kitchen utensils.
- Shared flat
- Studio apartment
For accommodation costs, please contact the Accommodation team.
Potential to extend tenancy if required.
How to book your room
It is important to arrange your accommodation before you arrive in the UK. This will ensure that you have no difficulty confirming your course at immigration or police registration (if required.
We recommend that you confirm their place at the International College as soon as possible. After you confirm your place, you will be sent a link to set up your account on the University’s accommodation booking portal.
- Confirm your place at the College and we’ll acknowledge your accommodation request.
- University Accommodation team will contact you via email (usually within a week).
- Set-up a password and login to the Accommodation portal (StarRez).
- Choose your accommodation and reserve your room.
- Receive Residence contract via email (July).
- Accept terms and conditions and set-up preferred method of payment.
- Pay deposit (£150) to secure your room.
- Collect room keys on arrival (details included in pre-arrival documents).
- Make any remaining accommodation payments directly to the University.
University-managed accommodation is available for all students starting at the International College in September 2018. Accommodation is always guaranteed* for under-18s, provided accommodation is booked at least three weeks prior to the start of term. Deadlines for 2018: Sept: 17th August | Jan: 7th Dec | March/April: 1st March.
When can you arrive?
Your accommodation will normally be ready the weekend before your course starts. This is also when we expect you to arrive. Exact tenancy dates will be confirmed with your accommodation details - please do not arrive before your tenancy starts as your room will not be available.