Living in the city
When you’re not busy studying or socialising, you’ll need somewhere to call home. Sheffield has a range of options to choose from within walking distance of the International College.
Make yourself comfortable
Many people find they meet lifelong friends when living in student accommodation. It is a part of student life and a big step in finding your independence after living at home.
A new place to call home
New from September 2018 - St Vincent's place
In the heart of the city, near the main University campus and right next door to the International College, St.Vincent’s place is a brand new development, perfect for international students coming to study in Sheffield. This striking new development includes a beautifully renovated Roman Catholic church which is a social space for students offering a café, cinema room, kitchen and a range of other communal facilities.
Students staying at St. Vincent’s place will benefit from the expertise and experience the Accommodation team offer. The University of Sheffield’s accommodation has been voted in the Top 5 for 'Best Student Accommodation' in the UK for the last 6 years*.
*Times Higher Education Student Experience Survey
- 24/7 on-site security
- 24/7 University support
- Fully furnished en-suite and studio rooms
- Social space & games room
- High speed broadband and Wi-Fi throughout
- Laundry facilities
- Bike storage
- Residence Life Mentors
During your time at the University of Sheffield International College you can choose to either live in allocated student accommodation or arrange your own private accommodation.
We strongly advise you secure your accommodation before arriving in the UK. This will ensure that there are no difficulties with confirming your course, at immigration or at police registration on arrival (if required).
Requesting student accommodation
Students are advised to confirm their place at the International College early. After you confirm your place, you will be sent a link to set up your account on the University’s accommodation booking portal.
- Confirm your place at the College and we’ll acknowledge your accommodation request
- University Accommodation team will contact you via email (usually within a week)
- Set-up a password and login to the Accommodation portal (StarRez)
- Choose your accommodation and reserve your room.
- Receive Residence contract via email (July)
- Accept terms and conditions and set-up preferred method of payment
- Pay deposit (£150) to secure your room
- Collect room keys on arrival (details included in pre-arrival documents)
- Make any remaining accommodation payments directly to the University.
The University will provide accommodation for all students starting at the International College this September. Accommodation is guaranteed* for under-18s for all of our intakes.
* Provided accommodation is booked at least three weeks prior to the start of term. (Deadlines Sept: 17th August | Jan: 7th Dec | March/April: 1st March).
When can you arrive?
Your accommodation will normally be ready the weekend before your course starts. This is also when we expect you to arrive. Exact tenancy dates will be confirmed with your accommodation details - please do not arrive before your tenancy starts as your room will not be available.